ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan on Saturday challenged the Islamabad High Court’s (IHC) orders to recognise Akbar S. Babar a member of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and revert the foreign funding case to the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP). The prime minister challenged the jurisdiction of the ECP to hear the case, stating that Babar was not a member of the PTI since 2011. The PTI chairman said that the IHC ignored the decisions of the apex court in its judgment where it reverted the case to the commission.He further stated that the IHC had declared Babar a member of the party when Babar had sent an email in which he had stated that he had left the party, adding that the communication was on record. PM Imran said that Babar’s presence in the scrutiny committee to oversee the PTI’s accounts was against the law. He said that the high court cannot use Article 144 to issue a verdict where controversial evidence is presented.What is the PTI foreign funding case about?Babar, a founding member of the PTI, had filed a case against the Imran Khan-led party in November 2014 claiming that there were massive financial irregularities in handling of foreign funding to… Read full this story
- Sharebuilder Mutual Funds
- Tips When Moving to New Home in Siesta Key Real Estate
- Ways on How to Successfully Move to Siesta Key Real Estate Market
- Moving Tips - Boxes & Moving Companies
- Tips on Full House Moving
- Should Your Mutual Fund Strategy Go International?
- Are Investments in Foreign AMCs Safe?
- Starting School In A Foreign Country
- Great Rewards With Hedge Fund Investments
- Are You Responsible for International Moving and Customs Documents?
PM Imran moves SC against IHC orders in foreign funding case have 291 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at January 25, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.