A driver is tested for alcohol level in Hà Nội. — Photo tienphong.vn HÀ NỘI — Up to 3,785 cases of drink driving have been handled in the first seven days of 2020, with total fines of more than VNĐ12.5 billion (US$539,400). According to the Traffic Police Department under the Ministry of Public Security, localities with a high number of violations include Tây Ninh, Đắk Lắk and Bắc Giang, with 308, 214 and 203 cases, respectively. Regarding concerns about the effect of fermented fruit or cough medicine on a driver’s alcohol level, a representative from the department said over 150 samples [from drivers that had eaten fruit] have been taken and none of them showed any elevated alcohol levels. The alcohol level created by eating a small amount of fermented fruit or cough syrup generally dissipated two to five minutes after consumption, he said. Lieutenant General Vũ Đỗ Anh Dũng, head of the Traffic Police Department, said drivers were allowed to request a second breathalyser test if they wanted to prove they hadn’t been drinking. Dũng also said that under the new rule which takes effect on January 15, people could supervise or film traffic police officers at work… Read full this story
- A New Board Game That Combines Laughter, A Challenge And Teaches A Lesson "Don't Drink & Drive"
- Drink Driving - Why You Should Not Do It
- Drunk as a Skunk - Drink Driving
- Drunk Driving In Singapore
- DUI (Driving Under the Influence) or DWI (Driving While Influenced) Consequences
- How Alcohol Effects Your Driving Ability
- Advice For People Who Have A Drinking Problem
- Our Teens and Drunk Driving - What Can We do to Stop It?
- How Does the Food You Eat and Drinks You Drink Affect Your Health Insurance?
- Driving To Savings: Car Tips To Save You Money
Over 3,700 drink driving cases dealt with in a week have 312 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 14, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.