New York (CNN Business)Executives at Fox News shielded the channel’s audience on Wednesday night from the impeachment trial proceedings playing out in the United States Senate, instead choosing to air its regular bloc of opinion programming which is strongly supportive of President Donald Trump. The editorial choice was remarkable, given it is only the third time a sitting President has faced a trial in the Senate that could potentially end with his being removed from office, though it is almost certain that will not happen. While broadcast networks stuck to regular programming, both CNN and MSNBC, the other two major cable news channels, aired raw footage of the proceedings provided by the Senate. But Fox News’ prime time audience didn’t get a chance to see the Democrats make their case against Trump. Instead they saw pro-Trump hosts like Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, and Laura Ingraham provide cover for the President. Sean Hannity says Republicans shouldn’t give impeachment trial ‘one iota of legitimacy’ “If I were a terrible host,” Sean Hannity told viewers Wednesday night, “I would force you to endure watching the regurgitation, the repetition … the insanity that has gone on all day.” Spokespeople for Fox News did not… Read full this story
- Surgeon General Pleads With Fox News Viewers to Wear Masks: 'I'm Begging You'
- Cable news October ratings explode as Fox News hits historic highs
- Trump Blows Up Over Fox News Airing Obama’s ‘Fake Speech’
- Fox News Will Thrive Even If Joe Biden Wins, Fox CEO Lachlan Murdoch Predicts
- Russian Media’s Final Election Push For Trump: Prime-Time Hunter Biden ‘Sex Videos’
- CNN, MSNBC prime-time shows skip historic 33.1% GDP growth amid economic recovery
- Trump took the country for a spin around his bizarre fantasyland
- Donald Trump compares himself to Churchill keeping London calm during the Nazi bombing and FDR during the depression in new defense for not telling the truth about COVID
- Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin give their spins on Helsinki summit
- Carlson: More Troops Overseas, the Better Is One Thing Virtually Everyone in Washington Agrees On — Except Donald Trump
Instead of airing the impeachment trial, Fox News fed viewers pro-Trump opinion in prime time have 340 words, post on edition.cnn.com at January 23, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.