Angry Patil joins critics of four-day Tests, endorses Tendulkar’s view that it’s unfair on spinners By Riddhiman Dutta Cricket has this novel quality to withstand and endure change. Three formats played in different time spheres, each with a distinct flavour of its own, which game has something for purists as well those seeking quick thrills? It’s interesting that the proposed four-day Tests has incensed cricketers, both former and present. Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Ricky Ponting, Glenn McGrath and Nathan Lyon among others have already repelled the idea. The general feeling is that cricket’s custodian, the International Cricket Council, is going too far in an attempt to repackage Test cricket, thus stripping it of its unique flavour that made us fall in love with the sport. And now, Sandeep Patil has joined them to give the idea a thumbs-down. With his trademark flamboyance – the answers were laced with the kind of directness that is so typical of the man – Patil called the proposed format a “nonsense”. “I’m a firm believer of five-day Tests. I’m from the age of old-school cricket. But now it is up to the ICC. In my opinion, it is absolutely useless,” said Patil, who was… Read full this story
- Melbourne to host Boxing Day Test as Cricket Australia confirms summer schedule
- Don't get a false sense of security with Covid-19 testing. Here's why you can test negative but still be infected and contagious
- People who have tested positive for Covid-19 and are now immune should be given a three-month 'freedom pass' allowing them to go wherever they want, expert says
- Top news of the day: Four jawans and three civilians killed in Pakistan shelling; Kunal Kamra refuses to apologise, retract his tweets, and more
- Boris's mass COVID testing moonshot 'to cost £100BILLION': PM's plan to get life back to normal with 10 MILLION tests a day is forecast to cost almost as much as entire NHS budget - and experts warn it may not even be possible
- Test & Trace fails to reach 40% of at-risk contacts in another record-worst performance as bungling system continues to struggle
- CNN Guest Blasts Trump's 'Go Back' Tweets, Saying President Couldn't 'Pass the Simplest Citizenship Test'
- Charmed production halted AGAIN due to positive COVID-19 test as studio begins contact tracing procedures
- ‘One Day At A Time’s Gloria Calderon Kellett & Norman Lear On Series’ Return To CBS, Fate Of Politics Episode & Season 5 Prospects
- PLATELL'S PEOPLE: We will all remember how Boris Johnson poisoned Poppy Day
‘Four-day Test idea is absolutely useless’ have 409 words, post on bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com at January 9, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.