Prince Harry will today be warned there are formidable obstacles to overcome before he can stand down as a senior royal. As members of the family gather at Sandringham for a historic royal summit, their task is to come up with a ‘direction of travel’ for the prince and Meghan. Aides have been working around the clock to come up with a range of options for the couple since they issued their bombshell statement saying they planned to step back from frontline duties and divide their time between the UK and North America, while retaining their royal privileges. The Queen – who was left deeply hurt by her grandson’s decision to release the statement without her knowledge – made clear to courtiers she wanted the problem sorted ‘within days’ to prevent further damage to the monarchy. But while staff have managed to achieve the unthinkable in preparing a series of proposals to put on the table, Harry will also be warned that the crisis is not over yet. There have already been consultations between the UK and Canadian governments, but working out the detail is likely to take weeks or months rather than days. Behind the scenes, consultations have highlighted… Read full this story
- Gayle King gushes that it 'makes her happy' to know pal Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's 'fairy tale is continuing' in LA - but insists Oprah didn't arrange for them to live in Tyler Perry's home
- Meghan and Harry will have a 'very tough time' paying for their security as coronavirus puts a halt to their ability to earn the 'significant income' they need, royal expert claims
- Why isn’t Prince Philip king, what has he said about the Prince Andrew scandal and how old is he?
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Trump tries to discredit vote-by-mail process
- Health Secretary Matt Hancock confirms the elderly WILL be told to stay at home for FOUR MONTHS amid coronavirus crisis - and admits the NHS does not have enough ventilators to cope as death toll hits 35
- Elderly face four months in self-isolation - even if they're NOT ill - and army is to guard supermarkets and hospitals in wartime-style mobilisation to fight coronavirus as deaths in the UK almost double overnight to 21 and infections hit 1,140
- Protesters drive through Las Vegas demanding the Strip be re-opened while armed demonstrators surround the Wisconsin state capitol as thousands continue anti-lockdown rallies across the US
- Coronavirus LIVE updates: UK facing 'recession likes of which we haven't seen'
- Humble NHS nurses 'Jenny and Luis' brush off Boris Johnson's praise for staying at his 'ICU bedside for 48 hours when things could have gone either way' and return to work - as their family tell of their pride at pair who helped save the PM
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Mnuchin: More COVID-19 congressional action ahead
'Deeply Hurt' Queen gathers Royals for Megxit crisis summit: Prince Harry will be warned'abdication' could take MONTHS in crunch talks - as couple's hopes to 'settle in LA after Donald Trump's Presidency ends' are revealed have 466 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 12, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.