EXCLUSIVE: Deborah Barak, CBS’ President of Business Operations, will be leaving at the end of the year after three and a half decades at the company. During her tenure, the unassuming and press-shy Barak has established herself as one of the most prominent, highly respected and influential business affairs executives in television, negotiating mega pacts, creating deal templates and introducing business models. The departure had been in the works for quite some time and is not connected to the ongoing ViacomCBS integration activities or the pending leadership change at CBS, according to sources. Barak signaled her plans at the time of her last contract renewal about a year and a half ago when the veteran executive dialed back to being in the office three days a week and indicated that the new contract would likely be her last term. She spent the last 18 months mentoring her team and delegating responsibilities to prepare them for her likely departure. Related Story ‘The Equalizer Reboot Starring Queen Latifah Gets CBS Pilot Order Barak confirmed to CBS Chairman and CEO Joe Ianniello in November that she would be leaving when her deal expires at the end of 2020, sources said. The surprise exit… Read full this story
- Cherwell Software founder named business citizen of year by Colorado Springs chamber
- JOHN BLEM JOINS TWENTY FOUR SEVEN HOTELS EXECUTIVE TEAM AS VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
- BIZCO TECHNOLOGIES RECEIVES BUSINESS OF THE YEAR AWARD FROM CENTRAL PINELLAS CHAMBER
- Operator of limo company in crash that killed 20 in state police custody, lawyer says
- Matthew Telesca of MGN Logistics using logistical Business Intelligence changes how companies ship and receive freight
- Here are this year’s agriculturist and ag business of the year
- Nonprofit names Sustainable Business of the Year
- ‘Murphy Brown’ Revival: Here’s Where It Picks Up as CBS Sitcom Returns After 20 Years
- Park Street murderer sentenced to 35 years to life in prison
- NH Business briefs: JSA Inc. named 'Small Business of the Year'
Deborah Barak To Depart As CBS President Of Business Operations After 35 Years At The Company have 334 words, post on deadline.com at January 27, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.