Over 870,000 COVID-19 cases have been reported worldwide, with more than 43,000 deaths The US recorded 865 deaths in the 24 hours until Tuesday evening Spain saw a record 24-hour death toll rise of 864 Germany saw its death toll rise by 149 over the past 24 hours and will extend social distancing rules until at least April 19 China counted over 1,300 asymptomatic cases Updates in Universal Coordinated Time (UTC/GMT) 14:40 UEFA, European soccer’s governing body, postponed international matches scheduled to be played in June. Other competitions, including the Champions League, are also on hold, UEFA announced. “All national team matches for men and women due to be played in June 2020 are postponed until further notice. This includes the play-off matches for Euro 2020 and qualifying matches for the women’s Euro 2021,” a statement said. “All other UEFA competition matches, including the centralized international friendly matches, remain postponed until further notice.” 13:55 In a bid to curb the spread of the coronavirus, German state and federal leaders decided to extend restrictions prohibiting groups of people meeting in public until the end of the Easter holidays. During a phone conference, Chancellor Angela Merkel and state interior ministers agreed that social distancing ruleswill… Read full this story
- No Way Back: Why Most Syrian Refugees Want to Stay in Germany
- Merkel's migration plot thickens as Social Democrats, EU neighbours weigh in
- Germany steps up border checks to discourage 'secondary migration'
- Germany steps up border checks
- The Latest: Jagger rolls in for World Cup semifinal show
- 'Time for war': Advocates' body distances itself from Vuyani Ngalwana's tweet
- Germany boss scores PR own-goal over Özil saga at World Cup
- The Latest: Martinez says his Belgians executed perfectly
- Putin: Russia ready to extend Ukraine gas deal for short term if needed
- Saudi oil attack: All the latest updates
Coronavirus latest: Germany to extend social distancing rules have 284 words, post on www.dw.com at January 4, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.