Over 870,000 COVID-19 cases have been reported worldwide, with more than 43,000 deaths The US recorded 865 deaths in the 24 hours until Tuesday evening Spain saw a record 24-hour death toll rise of 864 Germany saw its death toll rise by 149 over the past 24 hours and will extend social distancing rules until at least April 19 China counted over 1,300 asymptomatic cases Updates in Universal Coordinated Time (UTC/GMT) 15:05 The Wimbledon tennis tournament has been canceled for the first time since World War II, the All England Club said. Following an emergency meeting, officials said the oldest Grand Slam tournament in tennis would not be held in 2020. Wimbledon was scheduled to be played on the outskirts of London from June 29 to July 12. 14:40 UEFA, European soccer’s governing body, postponed international matches scheduled to be played in June. Other competitions, including the Champions League, are also on hold, UEFA announced. “All national team matches for men and women due to be played in June 2020 are postponed until further notice. This includes the play-off matches for Euro 2020 and qualifying matches for the women’s Euro 2021,” a statement said. “All other UEFA competition matches, including the… Read full this story
- Traveling to Germany: What you need to know about coronavirus restrictions
- Can I travel to the Canary Islands? Holiday quarantine rules explained
- Get us out of here! Travel chaos as holidays abroad are outlawed under new lockdown rules prompting a stampede to leave now and those with trips booked fretting about refunds
- Coronavirus digest: Europe tightens restrictions as cases rise
- Angela Merkel: Europe must learn coronavirus lessons as situation gets 'serious'
- Coronavirus: What the EU's new traffic light system means
- Coronavirus digest: WHO says best way to protest lockdowns is to take other measures seriously
- Revealed: Rishi Sunak was reluctant to accept lockdown but did NOT threaten to resign during Downing Street's 24 hours of chaos as leaks forced Boris Johnson to address the public
- 'Lockdown spells body blow for British industry': CBI chief warns government must keep 'as much of the economy open as possible' as she calls on Boris Johnson to prove he backs business after salons, gyms and the hospitality industry are told to shut
- UK announces 23,254 more Covid cases and 162 deaths - the highest Sunday rise since May 24 but only up 7% since last Sunday
Coronavirus latest: Germany extends social distancing rules have 369 words, post on www.dw.com at January 4, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.