Hundreds of workers infected at a German slaughterhouse Brazil marks record high number of daily infections India’s death toll nears 12,000 as Germany sends a warning to its nationals about staying in the country Beijing reports 31 new cases in the past 24 hours amid fears of a second wave of infections All times in GMT/UTC 21:25 A new range of surveillance cameras used in France to check people were adhering to lockdown rules falls short of respecting Europe’s stringent laws on data protection , found France’s data privacy watchdog CNIL. “Their uncontrolled development poses the risk of generalizing a feeling of surveillance among citizens,” CNIL said of surveillance cameras, adding this could be “detrimental to the proper functioning of our democratic society.” Surveillance cameras appeared on May 6, as part of an experiment ran by state-owned public transport firm RATP and startup Datakalab. The plan was to assess how many travelers were wearing masks at the Paris central station of Chatelet-Les Halles. The cameras also failed to meet the obligation for companies or public authorities to seek consent from people they would film, in order to check the wearing of masks or that safe distance is being adhered to. Under EU-wide regulation,… Read full this story
- Apple event 2019: Full guide on announcements including new iPhone 11 and Apple Watch
- Remembering the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victims
- 53,000 pupils in limbo after rise in ‘zombie’ academy schools
- German president Frank-Walter uses Berlin Wall anniversary ceremony to launch an attack on Donald Trump border wall and urge the US to be a 'respectful partner'
- The German schoolboy jailed for writing to the BBC
- 'Fahrenheit 11/9': Michael Moore's latest film is a call to action
- Decades after fall of Berlin Wall, East German towns try to lure back workers
- Israel reopens Gaza crossings after Hamas escalation
- Andrew Pollack on fighting to stop mass shootings after losing his daughter in the Parkland school shooting
- Destiny 2 Heroic Public Events - triggers for Injection Rig, Taken Blight, Cabal Excavation and more, plus the best planet for Public Events explained
Coronavirus latest: German schools to reopen, larger events must wait have 333 words, post on www.dw.com at January 17, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.