As I alluded to in my initial Mac Pro top features overview , I don't need a Mac Pro to get my day-to-day work done, but the benefit I receive from its expandability makes it a very appealing machine for me. In this latest episode of Back to the Mac I discuss why I purchased the Mac Pro, my Mac Pro setup, how I currently use it, and talk about some of the upgrades: a 24TB SSD and 384GB of RAM. Watch the full video for the details. Why I purchased the Mac Pro The main reason I purchased the Mac Pro was due to its expandability. As a former iMac Pro owner, I'd grown tired of the inability to upgrade simple aspects of the machine, like RAM and storage. Thunderbolt 3 connectivity has come a long way since it first arrived on the Mac in 2016, but it's not a replacement for internal upgrades. I also purchased the Mac Pro because I wanted a more capable CPU. I opted for the base model iMac Pro with the 8 core Xeon, so replacing it with a 16 core Mac Pro was a big step up. Simple things like timeline rendering… Read full this story
- MacBook Air 2018 Review: Apple's most popular Mac gets an impactful upgrade
- What 2019 Mac Pro configurations should you buy?
- iMac Pro: Everything you need to know!
- Video pros speak about Mac Pro GPU and storage concerns
- 13in vs 16in MacBook Pro
- Review: Apple's redesigned late 2013 Mac Pro
- Best MacBook Pro deals: top offers for August 2021
- Roundup: the best accessories for your M1 Mac mini
- Apple iPad Pro 2021 (11-inch) Review: Untapped Potential
- Samsung SSD 970 EVO Review
Back to the Mac 015: My Mac Pro upgrades – 24TB SSD and 384GB of RAM [Video] have 274 words, post on 9to5mac.com at January 13, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.