Video PlayerClose A man participates in a strike to call attention to climate change in New York, the United States, on Sept. 20, 2019. (Xinhua/Li Muzi) The U.S. government has responded to global climate change challenges by comprehensively rolling back its environment policies. WASHINGTON, Dec. 21 (Xinhua) — The year of 2019 is one of climate change. It saw the hottest June and July on record, dwindling sea-ice coverage, and more frequent extreme weather. However, the U.S. administration responded this global challenge by comprehensively rolling back its environment policies. On Thursday, U.S. influential magazine Science named U.S. moves to get things backwards in tackling climate change as a breakdown of the year. The U.S. government has forged ahead with a range of policies that make it more difficult for the United States and the world to curb emissions of greenhouse gases. It came as a rising proportion of Americans believes climate change is real, humans are contributing, and government is responsible to make a difference. A Pew Research Center survey showed that 57 percent of Americans now considered climate change a “major threat” to the country, up from about 40 percent in 2013. But public opinions did not translate into… Read full this story
- Treasury touts regulatory rollbacks
- Carmakers want emission, CAFE tweaks, not huge rollbacks, but won't say so publicly
- Trump's fuel efficiency rollbacks are a wrong turn for Pa.
- California, 16 other states sue EPA over auto emissions rollbacks
- Patriot Transportation Holding, Inc. Announces Results For The Second Quarter of Fiscal Year 2018
- Northern Territory fracking rollback puts heat back on eastern states
- A constitutional weapon: environmental rights reimagined in Pennsylvania
- Opinion: A clarion call: Earth Day spirit found in everyday North Jersey environmental battles
- Former EPA head McCarthy on environmental policy in Trump era
- EPA opts for accountability and transparency in environmental science
Yearender: U.S. environmental regulatory rollback a breakdown of the year have 295 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at December 22, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.