One of the remarkable trend seen in the Indian market benchmarks in the calendar year 2019 was their all-time record rallies amid the weakness in the domestic economy.India’s growth slipped to multi-year low levels, consumer spending plunged sharply and inflation saw a gradual rise in the second half of the calendar year, but the equity benchmarks – Sensex and Nifty – endured all this to continue their upward march.At this juncture, there is a fear that the market may not be able to sustain its gains for a long time and the market economy dichotomy may end soon.Close Domestic brokerage firm Kotak Securities expects the economy-market divide to continue in 2020. related news Technical View: Nifty forms bearish candle; 12,000 crucial in Jan series Top 20 BSE500 stocks surge 40-197% in 3 months; Is it pre-Budget rally? Prabhudas Lilladher expects govt’s infra push to boost these 10 stocks “It may continue in CY20 too. We rule out a quick recovery in the economy but expect the market to do relatively better due to likely strong earnings growth and possible favorable tax changes,” said the brokerage in a report.Kotak points out that the entire return in CY19 for the market has come… Read full this story
- Australia's lithium producers see tough market conditions persisting well into 2020
- Coronavirus a black swan for market, but no major impact on Indian economy: Experts
- Bridgewater report bullish on investing in Chinese market
- FM Nirmala Sitharaman says economy not in trouble; green shoots visible
- Economic Survey 2020: Expenditure on healthcare continues to be flat
- Vietnam’s economic growth in 2020 driven by traditional sectors
- FOREX-US dollar strengthens as traders see resilient US economy
- 'Stay invested! Demand for mid and small caps is likely to improve in 2020'
- Our real estate biz not dependent on govt reforms & we continue to do well: Adi Godrej
- Sensex ends off day's low but Nifty still below 12,000; 5 factors weighing on market
Will the market versus economy dichotomy continue in 2020? have 308 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at December 26, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.