Police have postponed the search for two bodies on New Zealand’s White Island. A Defence Force helicopter left this morning for an aerial search of the island but had to turn back due to poor weather. It means two bodies remain missing eight days after the eruption which has killed at least 16. Scroll down for video White Island erupted at 2.11pm local time last Monday, and has claimed the lives of 16 people On Monday hundreds of mourners gathered in New Zealand to remember the victims. Family and friends of the dead and injured, along with members of the local community, gathered at Mataatua Marae, in Whakatane, for an emotional service on Monday. The group, along with the rest of New Zealand, observed a minute’s silence to honour the victims. Hundreds of mourners gathered at Mataatua Marae in Whakatane (pictured) in a memorial for the victims of the White Island volcano tragedy More than 200 people came to the memorial service with many singing and embracing as part of the ceremony (pictured) Mourners left heartfelt and handwritten messages (pictured) to those impacted by and lost in the White Island volcano tragedy Local Maori Elder Joe Harawira said more than 200… Read full this story
- Missing Actress Found: Body Of Misty Upham Found
- Top IT news for April 28: Dell will still load XP, Microsoft ponders Yahoo alternatives, White House BlackBerrys stolen
- Throwing a Wrench & White Noise in Gov't Surveillance?
- Let's get this party started! Thousands of music fans arrive for 'hottest EVER' Glastonbury as festival prepares to bask in 91F heatwave
- Top 10 most delusional “facts” of the lunatic left-wing fact-checkers
- The Battle for Your Health
- Apple vs FBI Timeline: What You Need to Know
- In The Eye Of A Hurricane—Literally
- Playing for Ireland was balancing act, admits Ringland
- Health Secrets From The Morgue
Volcano disaster: Police postpone search for two remaining bodies on White Island because of bad weather have 295 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 16, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.