Pakistan star batsman Babar Azam has underplayed his constant comparison with worlds number one Test and ODI batsman – Virat Kohli. After scoring a sensational ton against Sri Lanka during the first Test at Rawalpindi, Babar added another leaf to his burgeoning reputation as one of the world’s top upcoming batsmen. Ranked number one in T20Is, the 25-year-old Babar wants to achieve the ‘legend’ status that Kohli has acquired across the world but concedes that despite the oft-repeated comparisons, he is still some time away from getting anywhere close to the Indian captain. A self-confessed Kohli fan, Babar spoke about his aspirations to emulate the world’s No.1 Test and ODI batsman told PTI in an interview. “Look he (Kohli) has already achieved a lot. He is a legend in his country. Honestly there is no comparison with me right now but eventually, I also want to get where he is today,” Azam said. “The media and people have drawn comparisons between me and Virat Kohli but I realise that I still need to get more runs in red-ball cricket to be ranked among the top players. That is why in recent months I have been focusing a lot on getting… Read full this story
- T20 2018: Virat Kohli feels it s better to chase totals
- Watch: AB de Villiers grabs one-handed stunner, Virat Kohli, Twitter can’t keep calm
- Dilip Vengsarkar backs Virat Kohli's decision to skip Afghanistan Test
- Kevin O'Brien Makes Giant Strides, Steve Smith Still Leads ICC Test Rankings
- The subcontinent vs the rest of the world Test series
- Amir's double strike sparks England collapse in first Test
- Pakistan in driver’s seat against sloppy England
- 21 most famous Bollywood weddings
- As IPL 2018 draws to close, a look at Mahendra Singh Dhoni's continued relevance to Indian cricket- Firstcricket News, Firstpost
- Vasyl Lomachenko: Is the Ukraine fighter one of the world's leading sportsmen?
Virat Kohli is a Legend, There is no Comparison With me Right Now: Babar Azam have 306 words, post on www.cricketcountry.com at December 16, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.