Scientists of the Genome Research Institute under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology are contributing to the accurate diagnosis of five rare diseases by using next-generation gene sequencing technology.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there are about 7,000 rare diseases worldwide, of which 80 percent have genetic components and 75 percent affect children (Bavisetty et al., 2013).
Scientists of the Genome Research Institute meet the doctors of the Central Pediatric Hospital
Maple syrup urine disease Seckel syndrome
|According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there are about 7,000 rare diseases worldwide, of which 80 percent have genetic components and 75 percent affect children (Bavisetty et al., 2013).|
The full genome sequencing of two patients diagnosed with Seckel syndrome discovered three new mutations on the PCNT gene.
Cornelia de Lange Glycogen disease Urea metabolic disorder
The Ministry of Health (MoH) has added chickenpox, mumps and rubella to the list of infectious diseases capable of rapid transmission and potentially fatal.
The latest case of Whitmore’s disease, also known as melioidosis, was reported at Hanoi’s Duc Giang General Hospital on Monday.
- Estonia's Large-Scale DNA-Collecting Project to Help Fight Rare Diseases
- West Devon woman donates her brain to aid research into rare disease
- GlaxoSmithKline offloads its rare disease drug portfolio to biotech Orchard Therapeutics
- Why the heatwave can be a nightmare for people with this rare disease
- ‘I’d give anything to hear my cheeky 8-year-old swear again after rare disease took her voice and then her life’
- Grandmother 'turning to stone' because of ultra-rare disease
- Jenni Falconer shares shocking photo of battle with rare disease
- Inventor of Viagra raises funding to treat 7,000 rare diseases
- Harrogate teenager's Skydive shatters goal to aid fight against rare disease
- Cancer-stricken girl, 9, won't let rare disease stop her from dancing