Photo: Variety Photo: Variety Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Photo: Variety The Biggest Music Business Stories of the Decade 1 / 1 Back to Gallery The last ten years have been among the music industry’s most celebratory, and at the same time, the decade has introduced seismic shifts in consumption, culture and technology. Only the strongest survive still holds true — witness how Universal Music Group fortified its global presence to market share leader by a mile — but so do those with conviction, be it an artist like Taylor Swift or Beyonce or a company like Spotify. The 2010s will be remembered as a time of robust growth for music and its affiliated businesses; it’s also created a new model of overnight success, the latest being Lil Nas X’s ubiquitous “Old Town Road,” but just as momentous was Psy’s 2012 smash “Gangnam Style,” a hit that paved the way for the stratospheric success of BTS. Credit the people and events of the last nine years for setting up what could be the last gasp of going-with-your-gut, as Moneyball metrics play an increasingly important role in what gets pushed out to market, while at… Read full this story
- Volatile and Vengeful: How Scott Rudin Wielded Power in Show Business
- Fleetwood Mac: The bass player who left the band before 'Dreams' - 'I was the lucky one'
- Noel Gallagher's sweary response after hearing third of music venues have shut
- Toro Y Moi, Calvin Harris, and more in this week’s music reviews
- Hanson at 25: The Brothers Dish on Greatest Hits Album, Track by Track - and Why They'll Always Be Proud of 'MMMBop'
- Gucci Mane, Buff, Sober, Out of the Pen and Ready to Flow
- Shirley Temple Black, Hollywood’s Biggest Little Star, Dies at 85
- Building to a Vote
- : You can’t separate murder from music
- Pink Quietly Became Pop Royalty. Here’s How She Made It Last.
The Biggest Music Business Stories of the Decade have 309 words, post on www.chron.com at December 30, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.