Kings owner Vivek Ranadive’s most infamous idea: Defending 4-on-5 to leave a cherry-picker on offense. But that wasn’t Ranadive’s only proposed innovation. Chris Ballard of Sports Illustrated: According to people familiar with the situation, his proposed solution for the Kings’ free-throw-shooting woes was to install a hoop outside the locker room. This way, during games, players could run back and practice foul shots. This plan got far enough that the team installed the goal, just to the right of the locker room, before people around Ranadivé dissuaded him, citing potential rules issues (players usually leave the bench only to go to the bathroom), messaging issues (players would likely be insulted, and it would scare away free agents) and general optics (not good). If a team could get past the cited problems, this isn’t the worst idea… in a specific situation. If a stoppage occurs just before a player will shoot a free throw, he could potentially benefit from using the break to build a rhythm from the line. This would be useful with coaches increasingly calling timeout between free throws to ice a shooter. However, even then, I’m not sure whether it’s worth running back and forth to and from… Read full this story
- REPORT: NHL Will Close Access To Locker Rooms For The Media Amid Coronavirus Fears
- American pro sports leagues close locker rooms to reporters amid coronavirus scare as a California county ban on large public gatherings puts NHL and NCAA games in jeopardy
- Coronavirus Update: NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS Closing Locker Rooms
- NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS Closing Locker Rooms Amid Coronavirus Scare
- Pro sports leagues like the NBA and MLB will restrict locker room access indefinitely to combat coronavirus
- U.S. Pro Sports Leagues Closing Locker Room Access Amid Coronavirus Spread
- Sources: Coronavirus may see leagues cutting locker-room access to media
- The Fortnite Installer for Android is now the Epic Games app
- Coronavirus Latest: NBA, MLB, NHL and MLS Close Locker Rooms, Reporters Call Decision 'Disappointing'
- NBA to limit locker room access due to coronavirus; owners to discuss contingency plans for games, per reports
Report: Vivek Ranadive had hoop installed outside locker room so Kings could practice FTs during games have 361 words, post on nba.nbcsports.com at December 3, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.