ATLANTA, GA — Former President Jimmy Carter has been admitted to a Georgia hospital just days after being released from an Atlanta hospital following brain surgery. He was taken to Phoebe Sumter Medical Center in Americus for treatment for a urinary tract infection over the weekend, a Carter spokeswoman said. “He is feeling better and looks forward to returning home soon,” said Deanna Congileo. “We will issue a statement when he is released for further rest and recovery at home.” The 95-year-old was released from Emory University Hospital the day before Thanksgiving on Wednesday. A spokesperson said the Nov. 12 surgery had been successful. He went in to relieve the pressure on his brain from three recent falls. On Oct. 21, Carter fell at his home in Plains. He was admitted to Phoebe Sumter Medical Center in Americus for observation and treatment of a minor pelvic fracture, said Deanna Congileo, director of communications with the Carter Center. In May, Carter fell and broke his hip at his home while getting ready to go on a turkey hunt. Carter underwent successful surgery to repair the hip and recovered at the medical center, according to the Carter Center. He fell again Oct…. Read full this story
- Former US President Jimmy Carter celebrates 95th birthday
- Can former US President Jimmy Carter bring peace to the Korean Peninsula?
- Send Jimmy Carter a birthday message for his 95th birthday!
- Jimmy Carter Back to Building Houses After Hip Surgery
- Jimmy Carter to build Habitat for Humanity homes in Nashville
- Jimmy Carter becomes first former U.S. president to turn 95
- Still active, Jimmy Carter turns 95 on Tuesday
- Jimmy Carter celebrates his 95th birthday on October 1
- The day I drove Jimmy Carter's car
- Jimmy Carter, oldest living former U.S. president, is 95 today
President Jimmy Carter Back In GA Hospital With Infection have 287 words, post on patch.com at December 2, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.