Kieron Pollard has been fined 25% of his match fee for showing dissent at an umpire’s decision in the final of IPL 2019.
Pollard, who scored an unbeaten 41, was visibly unhappy with a decision made by umpire Nitin Menon in the final over of Mumbai’s innings. The umpire’s decision to not adjudge a delivery by Dwayne Bravo as wide irked Pollard. Mocking the decision, Pollard went on to take strike well away from the stumps and near the ‘wide-line’ before pulling away as the bowler ran in.
This prompted both the on-field umpires, Menon and Ian Gould, to have a chat with Pollard who went on to his normal stance and complete the innings.
Although the offence wasn’t explicitly specified, IPL released a statement after the final specifying the fine and that Pollard hadn’t contested the sanction.
“Mr Pollard admitted to the Level 1 offence 2.8 of the IPL Code of Conduct for Players and Team Officials and accepted the sanction,” read the statement.
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Student of the Year 2 box office day 2: Tiger Shroff’s film collects Rs 26 cr, may face challenge from IPL final on Sunday
- Murray-Darling Basin Royal Commission accuses David Speirs of conduct breach
- Socceroos great Robbie Slater hits out after Olyroos banned for ‘unprofessional conduct’
- ED's notice to BCCI regarding IPL II fund transfer
- 'My will to win is very, very strong' - Kieron Pollard
- My Will to Win is Very, Very Strong: Kieron Pollard After Reaching T10 League Final
- Redbox Won't Sell Disney Movie Download Codes Anymore
- IPL 2019: Ajinkya Rahane fined Rs 12 lakh for slow over-rate
- Why Rohit will open the batting in IPL-12
- India vs West Indies: Happy #Unfriendshipday says Rohit Sharma to Kieron Pollard