When Lizzo stepped on the red carpet of the 2019 American Music Awards on Nov. 24, clad in a ruffled orange Valentino dress paired with a miniature white Valentino purse, she set the internet aflame. Memes flooded social media and her look — deemed instantly iconic — stole the show. This wasn’t the first time a Lizzo outfit generated mass headlines. From her ”That B–ch” pants inspired by her No. 1 song “Truth Hurts” to her sequined ”Siren” Moschino dress worn to the 2019 Video Music Awards, her red carpet and stage looks have become synonymous with her superstar identity. She’s earned praise for not only thinking outside of the box when it comes to music, but also fashion, shaping pop culture through every hit and outfit. Lizzo carrying the amount of fucks we give pic.twitter.com/Iw38dtUync— The Wing (@the_wing) November 25, 2019But she hasn’t done this alone. Enter costume designer and stylist Marko Monroe, who’s worked with Lizzo for almost two years. The Arkansas native, 30, grew up crafting clothing for his friends. Shortly after moving to Los Angeles, with only designs for friends and a few items sent to Miley Cyrus under his belt, he was asked by Brooke Candy’s costume designer Seth Pratt — also from Arkansas — to create a last-minute white two-piece… Read full this story
- Happy birthday, Gen Z: celebrating with 16-year-olds around the world
- Love Island's Amy Hart shows off her freshly styled tresses as she leaves the hair salon after national lockdown was lifted
- 'They will give me a nudge and be like, "Mom, really?"': Heidi Klum reveals her children tell her off if she shows too much flesh online
- Rocco Richie looks slick in his retro style as he hits the town in London following idyllic Thanksgiving with mum Madonna and his five siblings
- Remembering Selena 23 Years After Her Death
- Demi Lovato looks fierce as she shows off more of her edgy new half-shaved pixie cut with her glittering pink sequined suit
- GQ Men of the Year Awards: Jack Whitehall savages the government and THAT toe-curling Imagine video as he pokes fun at the 'sh*tastrophe that was 2020' in first ever virtual ceremony
- Here’s how to nail red-carpet style in Michelle Williams’ chic ’60s-style dress
- Wind farms to power EVERY home in Britain in ten years: Boris Johnson will tell party conference he wants to make UK 'the Saudi Arabia of green energy'
- Sequins, sanitiser and social distancing: How the 'pandemic generation' finally graduated in style
Marko Monroe Has Styled Lizzo for Nearly Two Years -- Here's Why He Thinks She's This Generation's Madonna have 409 words, post on www.billboard.com at December 6, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.