Fred VanVleet is having a career year: 18.6 points and 7.5 assists a game, both career highs, while shooting 40 percent from three — and doing all of it while having to take on more of the offense. VanVleet, who will be an unrestricted free agent next summer, is playing himself into a big contract. How big? ESPN’s Bobby Marks, a former Nets’ executive, said on The Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective Podcast he heard more than $25 million a season. “One team told me last week that they think he’s going to get between $25 million and $30 million per season.” That seems high, but in a down free agent market next summer talented players could get overpaid. VanVleet has been good this season and critical for Toronto, he might even make the All-Star team. However, $25 million is No. 1 option money. Build your team around this guy money. VanVleet is not that. He has grown his game to the point that maybe he can be a No. 2 or No. 3 option on a good team — so far this season VanVleet has been a good No. 2 to Pascal Siakam — but he’s not a… Read full this story
- Silence Worth $15 million
- U.S. Uranium Mines Could Produce 25 Million Pounds in 10 Years
- An Idea Worth $25,000
- Hey! - Are You Being Paid What You Are Worth?
- Surviving Seasonal Allergies - 10 Easy Steps
- Cheddar Chicken Noodles and Seasoned Green Beans
- "A Man for All Seasons" Demonstrates What Integrity Should Be in the Middle Ages and Now
- Florida Panthers Busy Off-Season
- The Fred Fracas
- Championship Season Preview 2006/07 - Norwich City
Is Fred VanVleet worth $25 million a season? have 272 words, post on nba.nbcsports.com at December 4, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.