HONOLULU (AP) — Honolulu police were reviewing body camera footage after police fatally shot a second man in less than 24 hours. The shootings come as there appears to be uptick in Honolulu crime. Honolulu Police Chief Susan Ballard says she is concerned that there has been about a 20% increase in the number of violent crimes involving firearms. On Monday, police shot and killed a man who rammed a vehicle at officers, fled and fired at police. On Tuesday morning, an officer shot and killed a 27-year-old man with a stolen moped who lunged at him with a knife. Monday’s shooting started after two men wearing ski masks were seen in a Sam’s Club parking lot in Pearl City, Ballard said. Police found their vehicle on Kamehameha Highway and ordered them to get out. Instead, the driver rammed an unmarked police car and headed for the freeway. Officers pursued them, and a police helicopter spotted the passenger exit the vehicle in the Aiea area. The driver continued on to Honolulu. He got out of the vehicle and ran, with officers chasing him, Ballard said. At some point, the man fell to the ground and began firing at officers, Ballard… Read full this story
- Shocking moment Salt Lake City police fatally shoot 22-year-old armed robbery suspect 20 times in the back as he was running away
- 191 COVID-19 fatalities in past 24 hours
- Family mourns 'diva cowgirl' as Baton Rouge police seek armed and dangerous man in fatal shooting
- Baton Rouge suspect in fatal shooting of his ex-girlfriend turns himself in
- Mesquite Police Investigating Fatal Shooting Of Michael Quintero
- January 12 was deadliest day of the pandemic so far with 1,110 fatalities in 24 hours, official figures reveal – as Sir Patrick Vallance says parts of the NHS are 'like a war zone'
- Suspect In Santa Rosa Fatal Shooting Behind Bars
- Trump awards Presidential Medal of Freedom to three golfers in a closed-to-the-public ceremony less than 24 hours after his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol
- Allegheny Co. Police Investigating Fatal Shooting In Penn Hills
- Bay Point Man Arrested In Monday Evening Fatal Shooting
Honolulu police fatally shoot 2 men in less than 24 hours have 337 words, post on apnews.com at December 18, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.