By Hà Nguyễn & Hoàng Hồ The ancient Catholic village of Kiên Lao in Nam Định Province is well known for its bronze casting. Mai Văn Tân, chairman of Xuân Tiến Village (as it is now known), says: “Bell casting has been around for more than 200 years, and there is still room to develop.” Kiên Lao Church, which was built in 1533, is one of the most beautiful catholic churches in Nam Định Province. Photo nhathoconggiao.com Village elder Lê Văn Hào says the craft was founded by Lê Văn Nghiêm, who took the art of casting the famous Đông Sơn bronze drums in Thanh Hóa to Kiên Lao. Bell casting has existed in the village for more than 200 years. Photo anninhthudo.vn To make a bronze bell, a worker first has to make a mould from clay mixed with rice husks. The mould is then fired to harden it, and while it cools workers design patterns inside before firing it again, he says. Cement mixers are also produced by Kiên Lao villagers. Photo daidoanket.vn “Kiên Lao casts are always high quality thanks to the dedicated workers. The process of polishing the statues is very important to ensure their longevity,” Khiêm says. To cast a statue, a worker needs skilled… Read full this story
- Train to nowhere puts villagers on right track
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 first look: Surprises, both good and bad
- Anger in India after lower-caste woman's body taken off funeral pyre
- Samsung reveals £1,000 Galaxy Note 20 with huge 6.7-inch screen and the ability to stream Xbox games over the cloud - as it offers a first look at its next foldable smartphone
- Lower-caste Indian villagers given cremation ground after funeral stopped
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra are now available to pre-order on Amazon
- Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2020 | Here is everything you need to know about the Galaxy Note 20 series
- Samsung Galaxy Unpacked: These four devices are arriving alongside the Galaxy Note 20 series
- Jennifer Grey Dream-Casts Ryan Gosling in
- What color Samsung Galaxy Note 20 should you buy?
Bronze casting village strikes the right note have 364 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 22, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.