WHIRL OF COLOUR: Vũ Tuyết Nhung performs on stage. by Nguyễn Kiều Trinh What began centuries ago as a form of entertainment in the Middle East has transcended into Vietnamese life in a major way. Belly dancing may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but visitors to the Cultural Centre, Hai Bà Trưng District, in Hà Nội were treated to an afternoon of quivering hips and undulating movements that would not have looked out of place in the dance halls of Egypt circa 1800s. Around 100 performers of all ages, shapes and sizes took part in the Belly Dance Sensation Festival 2019 earlier this month. There were no áo dài here. Instead it was the traditional, and in some cases revealing, costumes of belly dancers that were donned by those taking part. It is fair to say this is not something you would expect to see on a Saturday afternoon in the capital city. Yet as a hobby, coupled with a perfect way to keep fit while enjoying yourself at the same time, belly dancing is certainly gaining popularity. “When I started to learn belly dance, my family did not encourage me because they were afraid of the revealing costume… Read full this story
- Ceres FC faces Ha Noi on Feb. 21 in Vietnam
- Ceres faces Ha Noi tonight
- Execs hopeful of Ceres victory vs Ha Noi
- Aloha Philippines Dance Concert
- Grandest int’l dance fest to be held in Puerto Princesa
- Deniel brings passion for dance to AGT semis
- Enrique Gil: Dancing King
- Wow, These Malaysian Policemen Actually Danced For The Viral #RunningManChallenge!
- Dance craze 2016
- Home Ministry Suspends Weekly Newspaper The Heat Following Controversial Najib Report
Belly dancing heats up Hà Nội have 291 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 22, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.