If economic recovery happens in a couple of quarters, the midcap companies earnings growth should accelerate faster than that of the frontline companies, says Chakri Lokapriya, CIO & MD, TCG AMC. Excerpts from an interview with ETNOW. What is your outlook for 2020?2020 is going to be a year of recovery for the broader markets. As we all have debated, 2019 has largely been led by largecap financials and they made the whole of the 12% return. Against that backdrop, going into 2020, some amount of policy action is clearly necessary. On the whole, we will see a revival of both corporates which have been weak as well as consumers who have been weak. When you said midcaps will do well, do you go with the financial pack which continues to be in focus or insurance names? What about the metals pack or the auto, auto ancillary companies or some of the beaten down names? There have been a lot of midcaps which have been beaten down this year?Yes, that is a good question. One of the reasons why the Nifty and the large caps did well is that private banks delivered very strong returns which contributed almost entirely to… Read full this story
- DHL Global Connectedness Index 2020 signals recovery of globalization from COVID-19 setback
- 2020 year-end show change in travel mood
- Risk-on rally keeps market aloft but conditions ripe for consolidation, say experts
- VN stock market still booms amid pandemic: SSC Chairman
- Is the recovery here to surprise us quarter after quarter?
- Q2 GDP prints likely to show significant sequential pullback; will it cheer the market?
- Chinese market critical to US firms: US-China Business Council
- Chinese market critical to US firms, says business body
- Bike Sales Report For November 2020 In India: Suzuki Motorcycle Records Over 64,000 Units Sales
- Tesla Short Sellers Lost More Than The US Airline Industry This Year
2020 will be a year of recovery for broader markets: Chakri Lokapriya have 300 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at December 28, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.