Seoul city government wants to ban all high-emission cars from entering the city from Dec. 1 until the end of March, but can’t due to a lack of legislation power, the mayor said Thursday.“The special act on fine dust pollution is yet to be passed at the National Assembly,” Seoul Mayor Park Won-soon said in a press briefing at the city hall Thursday. “Once it is passed, the city government of Seoul is ready to place a ban on these cars. We have already coordinated with the Incheon and Gyeonggi governments to launch the ban together once the law is passed.”The legislation will grant authority to local governments to ban highly polluting cars from entering their cities or districts.Park made the statement while announcing plans to carry out a Beijing-like seasonal clampdown on fine dust pollution.“Cities like Beijing have gone before us and addressed fine dust pollution seasonally,” Park said. “If the law is passed before March, we will be able to carry out the total clampdown on grade 5 vehicles this season. We will do our best to see that happen.”The Environment Ministry has classified about 23 million vehicles registered in the nation from grade 1 to 5 based… Read full this story
- Mayor hopes to redraw Plattsburgh City-Town line
- Air-Conditioned Doghouses Are Banned in Brooklyn, but Thriving on Thruway
- She Had a Genius Idea: Air-Conditioned Doghouses. Then the City Showed Up.
- With a ban in Tampa and a proposed ban in St. Petersburg, the Bay area is saying no to conversion therapy
- Pave over the subway? Cities face tough bets on driverless cars
- What’s the Right Number of Taxis (or Uber or Lyft Cars) in a City?
- Vintage car club to encircle Round Barn on Sunday
- Police looking for woman, two men in Oklahoma City car wash robbery
- Coffee and Cars anniversary celebrated at Northpark Mall Saturday in Oklahoma City
- Motor City Muscle Festival lineup unveiled, featuring Ace Frehley, Death, Iceage, Dead Kennedys, and more
Seoul hopes to ban all grade 5 cars from the city have 339 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at November 23, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.