Katharine Pooley set up her eponymous luxury design house in 2004. She lives in Oxford with her husband, Dan, and their sons, Jack, nine, and seven-year-old Charlie. I grew up in the Eighties — the era of flowery patterns and prints. I’ve always loved beautiful things. I think it came from my stepmother, who was interested in design: she knew how to make our house in Hertfordshire feel welcoming and homely for my five siblings and I. But I never imagined that I would become an interior designer. After school, I worked first in advertising, then headhunting and banking, which took me to Hong Kong, where I lived for 16 years. During this time, I travelled around Asia for business and pleasure. I had a tradition where I would bring back a souvenir from every place I visited: antiques from Thailand, golden Buddhas from Burma, or hammered silver prayer bowls from Cambodia, which I’d fill with orchids. Katharine Pooley set up her eponymous luxury design house in 2004. She lives in Oxford with her husband, Dan, and their sons, Jack, nine, and seven-year-old Charlie Soon, friends started asking me to help design their homes. The following year, my husband and… Read full this story
- My lightbulb moment: Midwife Lesley Gilchrist, reveals the inspiration behind her skincare company
- Paging Buff Design Snobs! This Is The World’s Most Precious Gym
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 23
- Anya Hindmarch bags half her fashion business back
- You can earn £50K AND travel the world as an ‘Inspiration Manager’ for luxury furniture brand
- How does a ‘color of the year’ get chosen? The interior world of ‘it’ colors
- Citroen C3 Aircross Officially Revealed With Snazzy Design
- McLaren Speedtail Design Concepts Show Off Breadth Of Options
- Budget home decor that’s as good as designer — but can you tell the difference?
- Citroen C3 officially revealed, eccentric folk rejoice
My lightbulb moment: Interior designer Katharine Pooley reveals the inspiration behind her luxury business have 302 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 24, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.