India will host Australia for a four-match Test series and a three-game Twenty20 International series between September and November 2022. Although the tour is almost three years away, Australia coach Justin Langer has said that he is building a battle-hardened and mature squad to face the formidable-at-home India. “It’s always been the case that it’s been hard to win in India. But that’s the expectation and we’ve got a couple of years now to find that maturity. I’m talking about, to be nice and battle hardened and as ready as possible for that series,” Langer told ESPNcricinfo. When India toured Australia earlier this year, the hosts were without the services of Steve Smith and David Warner, who were serving suspensions for their involvement in the infamous ball-tampering scandal in South Africa. Virat Kohli became the first Indian captain to win a Test series in Australia as the the hosts struggled without their top batsmen. Langer, who took over as Australia coach in May 2018, now aims to avenge the loss by winning a Test series in India. “If I fast forward it, the Indian tour against India, the Test tour in three or four years’ time, to me that’s the… Read full this story
- PHOTOS: Chahal, Dhoni steer India to historic ODI series win in Australia
- 'Season of a lifetime': Ravi Shastri lauds Team India for thrashing England and Australia
- 'India favourites to win T20 World Cup'
- Bangladesh recall Mustafizur Rahman for Sri Lanka test series
- Ben Stokes Makes Big Revelation, Says All English Cricketers Use Women's Deodorant Before Matches
- The four shining lights of Australia's series win
- India favourites to win T20 World Cup: Atherton, Vaughan
- India vs England 2021, 2nd ODI Match Preview: Suryakumar Yadav in Focus as Virat Kohli And Co Aim For Series Win
- IND vs ENG 2nd ODI preview: With series win in sight, hosts gear up for 'Surya Namaskar'
- New Zealand vs Bangladesh, 2nd ODI: Tom Latham hundred spurs Kiwis to series win
India Test Series Win In 2022 Is Australia's Ultimate Goal, Says Justin Langer | Cricket News have 323 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at November 15, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.