PEACHTREE CORNERS, GA — Residents in the Peachtree Corners area are already gearing up for the deals and discounts during Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday. Unfortunately, scammers are getting ready, too. The Better Business Bureau has released a variety of tips to practice safe shopping during the holiday season. Beware of false advertising and phony websites: If you stumble on a site offering the hottest item of the year at a price that seems too good to be true, it most likely is. Watch out for false advertisements and websites that offer prices on items way below the market average. Always make sure websites use the correct spelling of business names and offer contact information, along with customer service numbers. Shop with trustworthy stores: A red flag should go up immediately if you find yourself shopping with a business you’ve never heard of. You can check all businesses with the Better Business Bureau’s rating tool. Related: Get A Head Start On Holiday Shopping With These Early Black Friday Deals Keep your antivirus software up to date: Technology is your friend in the fight against scammers. Make sure you have antivirus software installed on your computer or mobile… Read full this story
- Best Xiaomi phones of 2021: these are the top Mi, Redmi, Poco and Black Shark devices
- Xbox Restock Updates For GameStop, Walmart, Best Buy, Target, And More: Check Availability Here
- Cori Bush Says She Moved Office To Avoid Worrying About 'White Supremacists in Congress'
- 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Globally Unveiled: Here Are All The Details!
- Here comes the Psycho: 'Adrenaline junkie' Zack Hess is embracing his growing legend
- Budget 2021: In 90 points, read here, President’s Kovind’s full address to Parliament
- The Still-Burning Fire of
- Wiping the Dust Off
- The best cheap Chromebook prices and deals in February 2021
- History shows the GameStop saga won't end well
Here's How To Avoid Black Friday Scammers In Peachtree Corners have 302 words, post on patch.com at November 27, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.