AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. (AP) — Air Force kicker/guitarist Jake Koehnke hasn’t missed a beat all season — or so much as a field goal. He is jammin’ these days, a senior from Carlsbad, California, who has hit all the right notes between his rock-steady performance for the Falcons and his side project of rocking out with a band set to locally tour after the season. And while his guitar-strumming fingers are no longer relegated to playing second fiddle, his powerful right foot still takes center stage. Koehnke is 10 for 10 this season and was recently named a semifinalist for the Lou Groza Award, which recognizes the nation’s top kickers. The list also includes names such as Georgia senior Rodrigo Blankenship, who’s in contention for a spot on The Associated Press All-America team presented by Regions Bank. “It’s been super-exciting for me because I just love being able to make an impact,” said Koehnke, who’s 45 of 49 on extra points for an Air Force team that’s 9-2 heading into the regular season finale this weekend against Wyoming. “Every game, I look forward to hoping to be able to contribute and put some points on the board.” The nerves… Read full this story
- Saudi Air Force Pilot in Shooting Spree at US Naval Base
- Air Force fighters will carry laser cannons, cyber weapons by 2020
- Cheez-It Bowl predictions: Can the Air Force Falcons beat the Washington State Cougars?
- Cheez-It Bowl 2019: Air Force vs. Washington State preview, how to watch & more
- US builds a force for space wars of the future
- Spies in the sky: The top secret military technology found in covert planes that could be watching YOU at this very moment
- Round-Up: Democrats Reveal They Dislike Celebrating America After All
- Rebecca Grant: US needs Space Force – first mission is addressing these seven threats
- College Football Bowl Games 2019-20: How to Watch, Live Stream, Pairings and Dates
- Challenged by China and Russia, US builds force for future space wars
All-America Watch: Air Force K Koehnke jams on, off field have 323 words, post on www.chron.com at November 26, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.