A Honeywell smart thermostat is seen above. (Fox News/Honeywell) If you compare the inside of a modern home to one from about 25 years ago, you’re going to notice some stark differences — not just the phone book on the kitchen counter. Rapid advancements in tech over the past two decades have had an impact on everything from the way we communicate to the conveniences of home life. While you expect some household staples to change from generation to generation, things that were part of an average home for decades are now unnecessary. That’s because just about any common household gadget can be replaced with a smarter device. The digital world doesn’t come with a user manual. But I’ve got pro tips to help you live a better life with all these new everyday devices. Tap or click to learn how to make a call on the sly, the trick to better battery life and the secret to better Wi-Fi. Just like outdated tech that has disappeared from homes over the years, tech myths persist — sometimes way too long. Think Macs are immune to viruses? Still rebooting your PC every single day? Tap or click here for 10 digital… Read full this story
- 10 things you need to know about hit theatre show Peter Pan Goes Wrong making its TV debut
- 10 things you need to know about the Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special
- 10 Things You Need to Know about Emma Willis’ episode of Who Do You Think You Are?
- 10 things you need to know about Homeland series six and the show’s star Claire Danes
- 10 Things you need to know about the penultimate series of Game of Thrones
- 10 things you need to survive at the Wacken Open Air festival
- Vicky McClure and Morven Christie reveal 10 things you need to know about The Replacement
- 10 things you need to know about Peter Capaldi’s final Doctor Who series
- 10 Things you need to know about new one-off show Against the Law
- 10 things you need to know about German apartments
10 things you don’t need around the house anymore because of tech have 336 words, post on www.foxnews.com at November 22, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.