The 26-year-old woman who has sued claiming she developed narcolepsy after she got the Pandemrix swine flu vaccine has said within weeks of the vaccination she suffered waves of excessive tiredness.Aoife Bennett broke down in the High Court as she told how she thought it was her responsibility to get the vaccine as the country faced a threatened swine flu pandemic 10 years ago.“I thought it was my responsibility to get it so I would not pass it on to others, “ she told Mr Justice Michael McGrath. She told the court she would have “taken a chance on getting swine flu” and would never have got the vaccine if she thought there were serious risk factors. Her school friend, she said, got swine flu and recovered after two weeks off sick from school.Aoife Bennett was only 16 years old when she got the vaccine in December 2009 as part of a mass vaccination programme.On Christmas Day 2009, she said she had to drag herself downstairs for Christmas lunch. “I was absolutely exhausted. Before this I was very energetic and active,” she said.She said she spent a lot of the Christmas holidays in bed and found it very difficult because… Read full this story
- Swine-flu vaccine side-effects so bad 'that children were like schizophrenics'
- Love struck woman bombarded clergyman with 87 letters in just three months, court hears
- Tommy Robinson faces being jailed in new court hearing
- Parents suing state over vaccination side-effects claim trials were not carried out
- Northern Ireland sleep disorder victims sue over claims vaccine was cause
- Belfast man prevented burial of woman for two years
- The seven people who have been in court in Hull this week
- Sunia orders woman to comply after she travels to Tonga and misses court date
- Here's all the latest news from the courts
- Charles Bronson told judge to hurry up in Leeds crown court so he didn’t miss fish and chips
Woman breaks down in court hearing over swine flu vaccine have 312 words, post on feeds.breakingnews.ie at October 22, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.