Man prosecuted after fire kills two Nguyễn Thế Hiệp was prosecuted as his boarding houses did not follow fire prevention and control regulations leading to the death of two people. — Photo tuoitre.vn The Ba Đình District People’s Court on Thursday began legal proceedings against a man for violating regulations on fire prevention and control. Nguyễn Thế Hiệp, 72, lives in Ngọc Khánh Ward, Ba Đình District. He is the owner of a boarding house which went up in flames on September 17 last year killing a couple. Hiệp faces from five to 12 years in prison. The indictment said that Hiệp had five boarding houses for rent in the Alley 879, Đê La Thành Road in Ngọc Khánh District. Hiệp widened the boarding houses with iron frames and wooden bulkheads without asking for permission from concerned organisations. He also did not equip fire extinguishers and emergency exits based on regulations. On April 3 last year, inspectors from the Ngọc Khánh Ward asked Hiệp to improve the poor condition in his houses. Hiệp promised to do so but did not complete the work. A fire broke out on September 17 last year due to an electrical short circuit. The fire… Read full this story
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 6
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 7
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 10
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 13
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 14
VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 27 have 234 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 27, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.