HARTFORD, CT — The state Department of Public Health released the 2018-2019 kindergarten school immunization data for all schools with more than 30 kindergarten students. The data shows that there are 134 schools throughout the state where the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine rate for kindergarteners falls below the federal recommendation 95 percent. The overall statewide religious exemption rate increased 25 percent between two school years from two percent to 2.5 percent; it is the largest single year increase since the state started tracking data a decade ago. The national rate for non-medical exemptions for kindergarteners is 2.2 percent. Overall 96.1 percent of statewide kindergarteners have their MMR vaccine with the public school rate at 96.4 percent and the private school rate at 92.4 percent. “While it is good that state-wide in Connecticut we are still meeting the federally recommended High vaccination rates not only protect vaccinated children, but also protect those who can’t receive vaccinations for other reasons thanks to herd immunity.Gov. Ned Lamont said releasing the data was a win for transparency and will aid policymakers.”This information needs to be available to the public and lawmakers so they are not operating in the dark as they make decisions… Read full this story
- ‘Columbine-obsessed’ kids who plotted high school shooting in South Australia released
- Registration is Now Open for Fall 2018-19 at St. Germaine School
- 2018-19 budget not likely to be populist: PMEAC member
- Economic Survey 2018-19 makes tall claims: Opposition
- Sergio Aguero in contention for 2018/19 Player of the Year award: Should he win it?
- Nobel Prize winner zur Hausen: "The low vaccination rate is a great scandal!"
- Northwest Harris County school districts see range of results from TEA accountability scores
- This Huntley School Among Top-Ranked In Chicago: U.S. News
- Former Cy-Fair ISD police chief speaks on the future of school safety
- Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 Calendar
School-By-School Vaccination Rates In CT Released For 2018-19 have 295 words, post on patch.com at October 21, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.