This SaturdayThe College Admissions Scandal, a dramatic depiction of Operation Varsity Blues. The scandal over parents pulling illegal strings to get their kids into college broke this past March and spread like wildfire, especially given that two of the parents involved were TV actors Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin. By July, Lifetime had announced that it would offer a dramatic depiction of the scandal; by August, The A.V. Club reported that Penelope Ann Miller and Mia Kirshner had “been hired to portray characters who are meant to be composites of women like Loughlin and Huffman”; a trailer was ready by September. We’re not great at math, but seven months seems like an extraordinarily quick turnaround for even a TV movie. The College Admissions Scandal (is the dumb title because Varsity Blues was already taken?) is the latest in a long string of TV movies ripped from the headlines and then rushed straight to the small screen: like the Elizabeth Smart movie that came out only seven months after she was rescued; and not one, not two, but three movies about the Long Island Lolita, Amy Fisher (two even aired on the same night!); and eight more, discussed below. 1. Jodi… Read full this story
- Summer Movies 2021: Here’s What’s Coming to the Big (and Small) Screen
- Realme Smart TV 4K 43 Review: Ultra-HD and Dolby Vision, With a Small Screen
- Bachelor’s Matt James & Rachael Kirkconnell make red carpet debut following cheating rumors & show’s race scandal
- In a unique year for small screen, streaming giants & superhero series battle for Emmy 2021 nods
- Are TV Movies Back? Lionsgate & MarVista Strike Deal To Remake Classic MOWs Including Keri Russell’s ‘The Babysitter’s Seduction’
- TV in 2021: Shows coming to the small screen
- Where to watch Apple TV+: iPhone, iPad, Mac, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, smart TVs, and more
- Elizabeth Olsen signs on to play real-life axe murderer Candy Montgomery in new HBO Max TV series Love and Death
- Philips 55-Inch 8200 Series Ultra-HD HDR LED Android TV (55PUT8215/94) Review: Mid-Range Pricing, Very Good Performance
- Hanks for the memories! As Hollywood legend Tom Hanks turns 65, how many of these 65 movie roles can YOU name?
Ripped from the headlines: 12 TV movies that raced from scandal to small screen have 353 words, post on tv.avclub.com at October 9, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.