The NHS is on a collision course as it heads into winter with waiting lists for routine operations at an all-time high, experts have warned. A damning report showed more than 4.41million patients were stuck on waiting lists in England in August – up by 250,000 from last year. And 662,053 people have waited more than 18 weeks for routine treatments, such as joint replacements – the highest since records began. Health leaders have condemned the figures and said they show the NHS could face its worst winter ever with Brexit, harsh weather conditions and flu on the horizon. NHS bosses said trusts up and down the country are working ‘incredibly hard’ to prepare for the winter and make sure patients are kept safe. But the Royal College of Nursing fears more and more patients are going to be treated in corridors as pressure gets piled on the health service. A damning NHS report has shown more than 4.41million patients were stuck on waiting lists in England in August – up by 250,000 from last year and 1.1m in 2015 It also revealed 662,053 people have waited more than 18 weeks for routine but important treatments, such as joint replacements -… Read full this story
- NHS wait lists at highest number in decade – as winter crisis set to be ‘worse than last year’
- Lives at risk as cancer patients face longest NHS waits on record for life-saving treatment
- ‘Three suicide attempts and 27 months on a waiting list’: Brave 15-year-old shares her mental ill health struggle
- VeriSign preps wait list for coveted .coms
- Obamacare vs NHS– Which is Better for Patient Protection? Natural News
- Can digital transformation breathe new life into our ailing NHS?
- Edinburgh patient facing painful wait pays £13k for knee op
- They were waiting for an organ transplant. Then their program shut down
- Because of a Long Transplant List, One Twin Brother Lived and the Other Died
- Mastectomies have an agonizing wait in South Africa. One surgeon is changing that
NHS waiting lists are at an all-time high with 4.41MILLION people in England awaiting a procedure and more than half a million have waited four months or more have 316 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.