HOME FROM HOME: Mexican photographer Eunice Chao has travelled to many countries, but has always felt at home in Việt Nam. — Photo courtesy of Eunice Chao By Đỗ Hữu Mexican photographer Eunice Chao has travelled to many countries, but nowhere reminds her of home quite like Việt Nam. After leaving Việt Nam 22 years ago, she has returned to display her photos of the country at a joint exhibition of Vietnamese and Mexican photographers entitled ‘At the Crossroads of Vision’. Chao studied at the National Autonomous University of Mexico and Paris Nanterre University. She has given numerous photography, film and documentary seminars in Mexico City and Paris. Chao has mainly developed her photographic career through the field of culture. She was co-ordinator of cultural activities for 11 years at the Casa de Mexico in Paris where she was a professor of the black-and-white photography workshop. She came to Việt Nam for the first time in 1996, as part of a project of the Alliance of Francophone. She took photos of French dancers, musicians and artists. “I was curious about the culture and society in this country,” said Chao. “At that time, I knew very little about Việt Nam. I knew about… Read full this story
- Bereaved Grenfell relatives unable to attend start of public inquiry due to Home Office visa delays
- Coming Home
- V&A's Frida Kahlo exhibition launches a summer of design inspired by the Mexican artist and feminist icon
- Great Mexican Food in Australia Is Scarce. Bar Patrón Isn’t Helping.
- Tres Hermanas sister to open Mexican restaurant on J Street next month
- Tres Chiles Opens Breezy Mexican Eatery on Tennyson Street
- The Big Picture – Behind the Lens of African Photographers
- Rory McIlroy gets off to solid start at Wentworth despite photographer distraction on 18th hole
- The pre-fab skyscraper? Bay Area housing crisis brings new era for modular homes
- Celebrity designer Taniya Nayak visits Cleveland, talks trends in home decorating (photos)
Mexican photographer feels at home in Việt Nam have 319 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.