After many years of being held in Portimão, the Mamamaratona walk/race against breast cancer is moving to Vilamoura. It will be held on Sunday, October 27 as part of Loulé’s Algarve Tri Run 5.0. The event welcomes people who simply want to show their support for a good cause as well as athletes who want to compete for a spot on the podium. The Mamamaratona will feature two routes – 4.5kms and 6.5kms – which will be open to children as young as three and pensioners up to the age of 90 who can enjoy a “very pleasant walk whilst taking in the magnificent environment of one of the borough’s landmark locations, the Vilamoura Marina”. Loulé council says the event aims to “alert the community about the many campaigns that the Algarve Oncology Association organises in order to raise awareness about the importance of early cancer screenings and prevention”. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), breast cancer is the most common cancer among women, impacting 2.1 million women each year and causing the greatest number of cancer-related deaths. “It is estimated that 627,000 women died in 2018 from breast cancer – that is approximately 15% of all cancer deaths… Read full this story
- Xofigo for Prostate Cancer: Health Benefits and Side Effects
- Gabriele Grunewald Couldn’t Win This Race. But Oh Did She Shine.
- Track Star Gabriele Grunewald Couldn’t Win This Race
- Worldwide statistics on breast cancer: Diagnosis and risk factors
- Emotional Anstey proud of triumph after cancer battle
- Harley Race, Wrestler Known as ‘King of the Ring,’ Dies at 76
- Gabe Grunewald, runner with cancer who inspired many, dies at 32
- Most High-Grade Non-Invasive Bladder Cancer Patients Not Getting Right Care
- What Does Breast Cancer Feel Like? Lumps and Pain Explained
- Chili pepper compound can stop breast cancer, study finds
Mamamaratona race against cancer moves to Vilamoura have 306 words, post on www.portugalresident.com at October 1, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.