Rapper Kanye West once again waded into political territory this weekend, hitting back against those who criticise his vocal support for President Donald Trump. Yesterday afternoon, West took the stage in Utah’s Salt Lake City as part of his ongoing “Sunday Service” musical tour, a weekly church-like ceremony which kicked off in January this year and may or may not be a method of promoting his upcoming album, titled “Jesus Is King.” While some of the star-studded events have been held in private, this weekend’s took place in front of between 7,000 and 10,000 people, Deseret News reported . It was granted permits on Friday and happened without much prior warning, the same day as the Mormon religion’s 189th Semiannual General Conference. Typically, the singer performs spiritual versions of his songs while backed up by a choir, Variety reported in March. Yesterday he only performed one song, called “Jesus Walks,” but took the opportunity to address several topics on his mind, including the Republican Party and the dangers of social media. Speaking to the crowd, who circled the stage area, West said: “They try to tell me because of my color who I’m supposed to pick as the president. You’re… Read full this story
- What did Kanye West say to Trevor Noah? Racial slur prompts Instagram ban
- What did Kanye West say to Trevor Noah on Instagram?
- Kanye West’s latest pro-Trump stunt has exposed the lie at the heart of black conservatism
- Here's what went down at Kanye West's first campaign rally … if you can call it that
- A timeline of Donald Trump and Ted Cruz's roller coaster relationship
- Donald Trump endorses Sarah Palin for Alaska's lone congressional seat
- Kanye West a complicated genius becoming better known for his beefs than his musical innovation
- Kanye West Barred From Performing at Grammys Due to ‘Concerning Online Behavior,’ Rep Confirms
- No, Kanye West Is Not The Richest Black Person In America—And Here’s Why
- President Donald Trump says Sweden has "let our African American community down" in A$AP Rocky case
Kanye West Says Not Liking Donald Trump Because of Race Alone is 'Mental Slavery' have 335 words, post on www.newsweek.com at October 6, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.