Nuit Blanche — Toronto’s annual sunset-to-sunrise art show — returned Saturday evening to showcase nearly 90 installations from more than 300 artists, spread across the city from the Aga Khan Museum to the Fort York neighbourhood. From a gigantic pair of hands to the (artistic) firing of babies out of a cannon, here are some highlights of the annual sunset-to-sunrise event. Detritus At the City of Toronto Transportation Yard, artist Jonathan Schipper invited the audience to view a 3D printer make everyday objects out of salt crystals — which later dissolved into a mountain of salt. Everyone Wants a Free Baby! Nearby, on the Garrison Common in the Fort York National Historic Site, Studio F Minus regularly projected a toy baby out of a cannon, before slowly falling to the watching crowd below. According to the artist, it’s meant to consider the parallels between violence and tenderness. Peace to the Past, Reach for the Future Put your hands up! As a way to honour the Toronto Raptors championship and celebrate the diverse communities that support the team, Bryan Espiritu and Esmaa Mohamoud created an 18-foot (5.5 metre) sculpture of the team symbol. YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN… Lunar Garden Nearby… Read full this story
- Missing six-year-old boy found murdered near home in outer Delhi’s Narela
- We’re here and we’re 9 queer shows you might’ve missed this year
- The Leftovers: Life as the Parents of Missing Children
- SHAME OF THE CITY: The Missing Homeless / Desperate search for Bridget -- sister, mother, addict
- Boy, 6, missing after falling into the River Stour in Kent while fishing with his dad who dived in to try to save him
- 25-year-old missing New Jersey woman sent Snapchat before she vanished: Family spokesman
- EXCLUSIVE: How a Turkish double-killer and carpet salesman escaped jail after a police bungle for 28 YEARS - even travelling to his homeland - and was only arrested after applying for Australian CITIZENSHIP
- Wife of man reported missing 9 times in 3 years 'never knows if he's dead or alive'
- Films starring black actors highlight the fall season
- Ayodhya case: PM urges ministers to avoid making unnecessary statements
In case you missed it: Highlights from this year’s Nuit Blanche have 342 words, post on www.thestar.com at October 6, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.