A mother has told the High Court if she had known then what she knows now about the swine flu vaccine, she would not have given consent for her daughter to get it.Aoife Bennett’s mother Mary said her family trusted the State, the HSE and the Department of Health chief medical officer when the Pandemrix vaccine was made available 10 years ago.“The State was offering it, not the shop down the road, I completely trusted the chief medical officer”, she said. She added the decision to give her daughter the swine flu Pandemrix vaccine was a family one and Aoife took her parents’ advice. “In some ways, I feel responsible. Aoife took our advice. If I had known then what I know now, I would not have consented,” she told the packed courtroom.She said after hearing the chief medical officer on radio she took from it that it was absolutely necessary to get the vaccine. She said:She added she trusted the State, the HSE and the Chief Medical Officer ”that they would not give out a vaccine unless it was safe.” The mother who told the court she “was just a parent“ broke down in tears after outlining how her… Read full this story
- Woman breaks down in court hearing over swine flu vaccine
- 'I am ashamed to be an Irish man,' Aoife Bennett’s father tells court hearing swine flu vaccine case
- End the MMR vaccine ignorance: Myths and online scare stories have seen children's vaccinations plummet and infections soar, which is why the Mail is launching a campaign to encourage parents to inoculate
- How a vaccinated woman's death exposes the threat of anti-vaxxers
- SARAH VINE: Why do we tell women lies about childbirth?
- Mother, 41, nearly loses her foot after it was ravaged by skin-rotting infection when she was bitten by an insect by the pool on holiday in Benidorm
- "Want To Die In Mother's Lap": Cancer Patient In Jail Tells Top Court
- 'Controlling' boyfriend 'confesses to killing the mother of his twin girls before hiding body in the basement but insists that he shot her in self defense' - as her friends say he'd previously threatened her with guns
- Billionaire Dubai ruler posts cryptic poem about 'swords of pain' as High Court sets November date for his battle with estranged wife who is asking for her child to be spared from arranged marriage
- Success Spoiled Golden State Warriors Fans
'I feel responsible' - Mother breaks down as she tells court she trusted State over swine flu vaccination have 399 words, post on feeds.breakingnews.ie at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.