Hays Travel owners John and Irene Hays appeared on Good Morning Britain this morning following the reopening of five of the Thomas Cook stores they rescued to discuss their plans for the future. The Sunderland-based travel agent has purchased 555 of Thomas Cook’s stores which were at risk of sitting empty following a sudden administration. Following the closure 150,000 Thomas Cook staff were left out of work and without pay. Reports circulated telling the harrowing tale of former employees faced with no pay being forced to use food banks. However, good news came in the form of Hays Travel who decided to repurchase all of the closed Thomas Cook stores, reopening them under the Hays Travel name. As part of the move 421 jobs were saved. The business duo behind the travel agent this morning explained how they will tackle the business in a brand new way that sets them apart from the crowd. “The difference with us between most high street travel agents is that we embrace the internet, and two out of three of our customers have engaged with us digitally before booking, and rightly so,” explained John Hays. He went on to say how Hays Travel prioritise… Read full this story
- Everything Chip and Joanna Gaines Have Revealed About Their New Magnolia TV Network
- Thomas Cook: plans made for biggest UK peacetime repatriation
- Thomas Cook gains extra time to secure rescue deal
- Holidaymakers panic as investors brand Thomas Cook stock 'worthless'
- Govt focus may turn tour & travel stocks into wealth creators
- Stuck for a Mother's Day gift? Astrologer reveals STAR SIGNS are key to buying the perfect present - from a cinema trip for a Gemini to a heartfelt letter for a Scorpio
- Air New Zealand reveals details of Economy Skynest lie-flat beds
- Meghan Markle has already started her new life after flying straight to Canada from the Commonwealth Day Service to reunite with Archie while Prince Harry has stayed in the UK for meetings
- Glastonbury and Hay festival organisers press on despite coronavirus fears
- Shocked UK consumers ditch spending plans after Brexit vote
Hays reveal plan for the future - ‘It’s not the new Thomas Cook, its Hays Travel now' have 336 words, post on www.express.co.uk at October 11, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.