Prolonged heavy rains flood many streets in central Nghệ An Province. — VNA/VNS Photo Tá Chuyên HÀ NỘI — Floods following downpours, along with gale and lightning, killed four people and caused severe damage in central localities over the past few days, according to a report from the Central Steering Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control. Nghệ An Province was the hardest hit with three deaths and five injured people. Heavy rains from Monday also inundated 5,250 houses, 2,819ha of crops and 1,668ha of aquatic farms, while five houses collapsed due to landslides and more than 23,000 domestic fowl were swept away. The province also recorded five landslide sites on local mountains and nine others along National Highway 15. Bình Định Province reported one death. In Hà Tĩnh Province, 107ha of crops have been flooded over the last few days. Downpours have also forced Hương Sơn and Hương Khê districts to close schools to ensure safety for students. The central localities recorded rainfall of up to 150mm over the past few days. To cope with flooding and minimise losses, the standing board of the central steering committee has requested central provinces and cities, from Thanh Hóa to Khánh Hòa, to keep close watch on the rain and… Read full this story
- Rail disruption as flooding causes line closure
- Floods in India kill 33, displace thousands
- Another death as heavy rains prompt evacuations in Japan
- Flooding, rains pound New Orleans ahead of potential hurricane
- Flood warnings amid forecast for further rain
- Spanish PM visits flood-hit areas as death toll rises to six
- The indigenous resistance against Jair Bolsonaro
- Former Kilmelford minister on a mission to find common ground
- How safe is my 2019 holiday destination?
- ‘Potentially dangerous’ heatwave set to strike Europe
Flooding causes four deaths in central region have 288 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 18, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.