Sarah Wellgreen, 46, disappeared in October A taxi driver accused of killing his ex-girlfriend today told his murder trial he had nothing to do with her death, claiming they were a ‘brilliant team’. Sarah Wellgreen’s former partner Ben Lacomba told Woolwich Crown Court in South East London that he had ‘definitely not’ killed the 46-year-old, whose body has never been found. Lacomba, 39, insisted he did not know she was missing until the morning of October 11 last year – more than 24 hours after she had last been seen alive as the beautician returned from work to her home in New Ash Green, Kent. The taxi driver also told the jury that their early years together were ‘brilliant’ and they made a ‘fantastic team’. Speaking from the witness box at the start of the third week of his trial, trained air pilot Lacomba told the court he was ‘over the moon’ when he became a father for the first time. Ben Lacomba (left, pictured in November 2018) is accused of murdering Ms Wellgreen (right) But he said trust issues developed over a later pregnancy and the couple eventually split in 2014 after Miss Wellgreen met another man on holiday… Read full this story
- 'Satanic' Murder Suspect Kills Again After Being Released From Prison, Police Say
- Schizophrenic Albanian woman who stabbed seven-year-old girl to death at random in front of her parents in park on Mother's Day is found not guilty of her murder after prosecutors dropped the charge
- Evil boyfriend wouldn't accept relationship was over - then turned cannibal
- 'He stole her life from her - and us': Father of murdered Lucy McHugh slams lodger's 'evil desire for sexual gratification' as pervert is found guilty of raping and stabbing 13-year-old to stop her exposing his abuse
- Chilling moment police swooped on schizophrenic Albanian woman, 30, in park after she slashed throat of Emily Jones, 7, as she tells them she has an 'ID, knife, water and juice' in her bag
- Predatory' uncle, 30, is found guilty of the 'sexually motivated' murder of his 16-year-old niece Louise Smith who he lured into woods and savagely beat to death before setting her body on fire
- Mum of beautician murdered by 'devil incarnate' ex describes horror as she heard killing
- Cagefighter who fatally stabbed ex in rage before knifing stranger jailed for life
- Thousands of undiagnosed Covid-19 cases to blame for 61% spike in care home deaths during lockdown as data shows fatalities FELL in hospitals
- Why Are We Obsessed With Mothers Accused Of Murder?
Ex-boyfriend, 39, accused of murdering mother-of-five Sarah Wellgreen tells a jury that he was not to blame for either her disappearance or death and describes them as a 'fantastic team' before their split have 404 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 14, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.