The BBC has revealed its list of the 100 most inspiring and influential women around the world in 2019, with Duchesses Kate and Meghan both failing to make the cut. The list features women from several fields, including climate change activist Greta Thunberg, British athletics star Dina Asher-Smith and US congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. This year’s list was compiled with a focus on the question: ‘What would the future look like if it were driven by women?’ Explaining how the list was drawn up, the BBC said it was looking for women who had made headlines and influenced important stories over the past 12 months. However, the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Sussex failed to make the cut, despite a year where they dominated the headlines. The BBC said it was looking for women who had made headlines and influenced important stories over the past 12 months, but both Kate and Meghan failed to make the cut Meghan Markle launched a charity cookbook for those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire in London and spoke about being a woman of colour in a stirring speech on a visit to Cape Town. Kate meanwhile appeared on Blue Peter as part of… Read full this story
- 'The Badger State 20' showcases the top current athletes hailing from Wisconsin
- Phoenix concert news: Phoenix Lights, Charlie Puth, G-Eazy, Jerry Seinfeld, Steven Tyler
- The Faces of Cannabis
- Horribly Ironic Urban Meyer T-Shirt Sell Out Mere Hours After Getting Suspended
- Winter concerts in Phoenix: Katy Perry, P!nk, Lana Del Rey, Lorde, Florida Georgia Line
- New on DVD: 'Wind River,' 'Atomic Blonde,' 'Whose Streets?' and more
- KWSS-FM Fall Fundraiser brings night of guilty pleasures to Last Exit Live
- Avondale rockers Halocene chosen as finalist in YouTube competition, 'Best.Cover.Ever'
- Avondale rockers Halocene chosen as finalists in YouTube competition, 'Best.Cover.Ever'
- Avondale rockers Halocene talk about meeting Flo Rida in YouTube show 'Best.Cover.Ever'
Eco-warrior Greta Thunberg and athletics hero Dina Asher-Smith lead the BBC's list of 100 most inspiring and influential women of 2019 - but Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle both fail to make the cut have 312 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.