Foreign criminals and child abusers face tougher sentences under plans in the Queen’s Speech today. The prison terms for those who sneak back into the UK in breach of deportation orders would be lengthened from weeks to years. And the worst offenders would no longer be freed halfway through their sentences. Rapists and killers would instead serve at least two thirds of their time. Proposed legislation would see those who sneak back into the UK have their terms lengthened from weeks to years. Home Secretary Priti Patel said: ‘Deterring foreign criminals from re-entering the country will make our country safer’ Another law would see murderers who refuse to reveal where they buried their victims spending longer behind bars. The proposed legislation will extend to paedophiles who stay silent about their victims. This follows anger over the release of depraved nursery worker Vanessa George after just a decade inside. The proposed legislation will extend to paedophiles who stay silent about their victims. This follows anger over the release of depraved nursery worker Vanessa George (pictured) after just a decade inside The Queen’s Speech also covers post-Brexit immigration, plastic pollution and building safety. On crime and punishment it includes: New laws to crack… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson could SUSPEND European human rights laws to reverse automatic early release for terrorists as Labour's Shami Chakrabati and civil rights groups hint at legal challenge
- Boris Johnson slams ‘America- bashers’ for spreading 'mumbo-jumbo' fears about US food standards and NHS interference as he says Britain will be the SUPERHERO of free trade after Brexit
- Boris Johnson promises ‘new golden age’ for Britain with his radical Queen’s Speech and 10 year blueprint
- Boris Johnson slaps down Michel Barnier saying Britain will NOT obey Brussels rules to get a trade deal - after EU negotiator demands the UK commits to a 'level playing field' and gives access to fishing waters
- Boris Johnson will RULE OUT accepting EU regulations as the price for any trade deal as he lays out terms for Canada-style agreement today
- Boris Johnson refuses to take questions at climate change launch after sacked ex-minister tears into his broken green 'promises' and says voters 'should not trust him'
- Boris Johnson: First speech as PM in full
- Boris Johnson's £5billion bus and bike boost: Prime Minister is to announce huge funding package to improve bus services and cycle lanes
- Chaos is being normalised. It is all part of Boris Johnson’s pernicious plan
- Boris Johnson threatens to pull plug on any EU trade deal if it means following Brussels rules in ‘Mad Man’ strategy
Crackdown on foreign criminals who sneak back to the UK: Boris Johnson unveils package of tougher law-and-order measures in Queen's Speech today have 423 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 14, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.