Participants are introduced to advanced technology for agriculture at the Việt Nam-EU forum on sustainable agriculture. — VNA/VNS Photo Vũ Sinh by Thu Giang HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam will have to address some challenges in order to fully grasp the benefits of the EU – Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) and its opportunities for the export of agricultural products. The statement was released by Head of Trade and Economic Affairs at the EU Delegation to Việt Nam Carsten Schittek at the Việt Nam-EU forum on sustainable agriculture held by EuroCham, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) and Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) in Hà Nội on Thursday. “The EU market is very demanding in terms of compliance with standards. This is of course to safeguard the protection of our consumers. However, this does not mean that the EU market is ‘closed’, on the contrary,” Schittek said. He said the EU is the largest importer of agriculture products, and imports more than the US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and Japan. Its consumers value high quality products with special characteristics such as organic, fair trade and geographical indications. He emphasised that agriculture plays an important role in bilateral… Read full this story
- EU’s agriculture commissioner believes ‘common sense might prevail’ over Brexit
- Farmers must stand up for their standards in 'cheap food' debate, says industry leader
- Joint call for increased production
- Agriculture and Trade Partnership Agreement
- Belarusian dairy producers urged to diversify export
- Southern villagers urged to conserve water
- US ambassador urges Britain not to be deterred by EU agriculture 'smear campaign'
- Product recalls this month from Asda, Lidl, Argos, Ikea and more
- Tesco, Iceland, Lidl and Sainsbury's recall these products after 'safety fears'
- EAEU urged to harmonize measures to protect market against unsafe products
Việt Nam urged to meet EU’s standards on agricultural products have 294 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.