A Set small text size A Set the default text size A Set large text size Over the years the Rugby World Cup has seen many heroic, tournament-defining performances from legendary flyhalves. To cite possibly the greatest ever moment in any Rugby World Cup, the 2003 final was won with a perfectly struck drop goal by Jonny Wilkinson, sealing England’s only tournament win – and a first and so far only northern hemisphere triumph. Today, the argument regarding who the best player to wear the number 10 for their nation is as controversial as it has been in a long time, as there is a plethora of quality, in youth and experience heading into this year’s World Cup. 5. Richie Mo’unga (New Zealand) He simply does not matter to the All Blacks as much as the other players on this list to their respective sides. Not to mention, in a few of his recent matches, New Zealand have shown some uncharacteristic vulnerabilities. I need proof that he is truly deserving of replacing Beauden Barrett. (Photo by Anthony Au-Yeung/Getty Images) 4. Finn Russell (Scotland) 3. Handre Pollard (South Africa) In South Africa’s last Test in the Rugby Championship, Pollard broke point-scoring… Read full this story
- My coaching panel to restore the Wallabies to success after the 2019 Rugby World Cup
- Wallabies lock in winger for 2019 Rugby World Cup with new deal
- Wallaby strategy leading into the 2015 Rugby World Cup
- Heads will roll: Which coach won't survive the 2015 Rugby World Cup?
- Beer dispensaries and ball pimples: 10 bits of Rugby World Cup miscellany
- Rugby World Cup 2019 : No tattoos allowed
- Rugby World Cup 2019: England are in trouble, Ireland ahead of the pack and Wales and Scotland need to catch up
- The gold-plated rule and the road to the Rugby World Cup final
- The Rugby Debate: Rising nations need more Tier One Tests, not Rugby World Cup mismatches
- Eddie Jones insists that England need record-number of Rugby World Cup warm-up games
Ranking the five best flyhalves at the 2019 Rugby World Cup have 316 words, post on www.theroar.com.au at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.