The annual paragliding festival, themed “Flying over the golden paddies”, is part of the activities within the 2019 Muong Lo Tourism-Culture Week and the Mu Cang Chai Terraced Field Festival. With flights staring in a sea of clouds at the peak of the Khau Pha Mountains, standing 1,200 metres above the sea level, participants have a chance to marvel at the beautiful terraced rice fields under their feet, as well as enjoy spectacular mountain views and fresh air. Mu Cang Chai has 500 hectares of rice terraces, cultivated for centuries by the Mong ethnic minority people in La Pan Tan, Che Cu Nha and De Xu Phinh communes. Local terraces are among the 2,500 hectares recognised as a national heritage site in 2007 by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. The area’s elevation makes farming methods from delta regions impossible to execute. The terraced fields make the most of the water supply by preventing it from flowing downhill. The area is beautiful all year round. In March, the unplanted ponds glitter. Locals plant rice seedlings from April to May. After May, the green hills nurture their crop until the fields start to turn yellow with ripe rice in early September. During the… Read full this story
- China signals a complete ban on the eating of dog meat ahead of notorious Yulin festival with new rules to classify dogs as 'companion animals'
- Twin Peaks UK Festival: Stars come out to shine at the 9th huge fan event
- Luxury festival descends into chaos – with 'disaster relief tents' and emergency crisps
- Toddler returning from Russia is Vietnam's latest Covid-19 patient
- 12 people handed sentences in Vietnam’s Son La Province for roles in national exam cheating scandal
- Kendall Jenner agrees to pay $90,000 as she settles Fyre Festival lawsuit
- Quarantine bottlenecks add to woes of returning Filipinos
- Baby boy returning from Russia is country's latest Covid-19 case
- Coronavirus live updates: Apple’s Genius help, store pickups return in Bay Area
- Coronavirus: Competitive sport to return behind closed doors from Monday
Paragliding festival returns Yen Bai province have 341 words, post on english.vov.vn at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.