If you're looking to pick up affordable art pieces from local artists to start or perhaps expand your collection – or simply want to spend a weekend looking at nice things – there's a new street fair you can check out in town. The inaugural Selegie Artlane will be held on Sep 28 along Prinsep Street at the open field behind the Selegie Arts Centre. The event, which runs from 4pm to 10pm, will be showcasing and selling original works from artists, including members of the Photographic Society of Singapore (PSS), the Nature Photographic Society of Singapore, Singapore Watercolour Society and SAFRA Photo Club. AFFORDABLE ART All items, such as sketches, watercolour paintings and papercraft accessories, have been priced below S$1,000 to ensure the pieces remain accessible to the public. Selegie Artlane is organised by PSS, a non-profit organisation that also manages Selegie Arts Centre. According to PSS' assistant manager Judith Lee, it will be a vibrant and casual platform for emerging local artists and photographers to exhibit their works and connect with the larger public. She added: "Selegie Artlane is particularly inspired by the synergy and diversity of street fairs like the Bayswater Road Artists in London, as well… Read full this story
- Jeff Koons Is the Most Successful American Artist Since Warhol. So What’s the Art World Got Against Him?
- The City of Miami Beach Hosts 2019 Art Week Including Art Basel
- Artists assemble! How collectives took over the art world
- Maurizio Cattelan’s L.A. Art Tour, With a Stop at Jim Carrey’s Painting Studio
- Art Basel: Small galleries are dying despite art market boom
- Art Basel Miami Beach review – art and commerce collide by the sea
- LIMCAF discovers new Enwonwus, Onobrakpeyas
- Is 'bisexual lighting' a new cinematic phenomenon?
- Is Political Art the Only Art That Matters Now?
- Art Basel, Miami and the beach that went boom
New Selegie Artlane street fair will feature affordable art from Singapore artists have 308 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.